(Tokyo Bay with "Rainbow Bridge" from a sightseeing point near the conference venue of ICoVIS2021)
|Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Organising Committee decided to postpone
the 5th ICoVIS conference. The new dates will be announced in due time.
|24th May 2020|
Local Organising Committee
Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology, JAPAN
Aims and Scope
The aim of this conference is to bring together academic and industrial experts from the fields of non-linear and structural dynamics, continuum mechanics, materials science, physics,
applied mathematics, and mechanical, aerospace, civil and systems engineering to facilitate the mutual understanding of theories and applications of systems with non-smooth interactions such as
vibro-impact systems or systems with contact and friction.
The areas covered by this conference include:
- excitation, synchronisation and stabilisation;
- dynamics of machines and processes;
- vibration protection of operators and structures in harsh environment;
- synergistic effects of repeated impacts or friction on solids and granular media;
- non-linear fluid-solid interactions;
- analytical, experimental and numerical methods for the analysis of systems and processes;
- synthesis and optimisation;
- measurements and applications;
- smart utilization of vibration.
7th February 2020: Homepage is open25th March 2020: The local organising committee and the scientific committee are monitoring the spread of COVID-19, Corona-virus,
and also paying attention to the re-scheduling of Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games 2020 into next year 2021.
24th May 2020: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19,the organising committee decided the postponement of the 5th ICoVIS.
The plan of ICoVIS2021 from 29th March until 2nd April in 2021 is cancelled.